Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Weekly Challenge #173: Redux, Remix, Revisit Your Comfort Tangle

This week our challenge is to revisit our comfort tangles.  I have several go to tangles, I especially love Nzeppel and Florez, however I decide to try 2 others that I absolutely love, but have never put them together (I'm quite sure I haven't).

Here is my tile using Bunzo by Zentangle ® and Mi2 by Mimi Lempart CZT

I usually draw my Bunzo differently, this time I made them plumper than my usual style, combined it with Mi2 on one of those gorgeous renaissance tiles.  I used black, brown micron pen, shaded with pencil and added highlights with a white pencil.

I enjoyed doing this one, hope to do some more, time permitting.

Thanks for your visits and kind comments - much appreciated.

Oh almost forgot - am entering this as my day 24 create each day in June :)






14 comments:

  1. WOW... love the tangles and the colors used.. very nicely created.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job of adding shimmer on those plump Bunzo. Great tile! Love those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lila, this tile is so sweet. Love these two patterns together. Is that Blue mixed in with the Red to make that striking color? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sort of sums it up! This piece is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of colour. The highlights in the shading really make it jump off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tile. I am a fan of bunzo and Mi2 too. And I have to compliment you on the way you did Mi2. It almost looks like a total different tangle. As if there are 3 ribbons woven to each other. Great effect as background for bunzo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shading and highlights on this tile! So rich looking. Beautiful beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shining Bunzo, in fact I love the whole tile. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the 3D effect of your Bunzo. The dimension on you Mi2 really makes this a great background. There are so many great tangles, I have used this one sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such luscious colouring - I can almost taste it - like ripple ice-cream in an old fashioned diner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! It makes me think of ribbon candy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lila, your shine affect is amazing, you've made Bunzo look edible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so shiny is your Bunzo. I love that tangle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)