Friday, February 7, 2014

Weekly Challenge #153: UMT v.24 "Jailed Johnny - by Sadelle Wiltshire, CZT"

This week we have a 'use my tangle' challenge and Laura from I am the Diva has asked us to try the pattern 'Jailed Johnny' by CZT Sadelle Wiltshire.  I must admit all I see is bugs/moths and couldn't go past that thought.  Somehow or other, I ended up pairing it with Girdy - a very unlikely partnership, but there you go! it's done and this is the end result.  I was in minds whether to add colour and decided against it.  Then I had to think about how to shade Jailed Johnny and then I saw tubes - so I went along with that.

If you have a chance check out what others have come up - I know I will, I need some inspiration for this tangle.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by - have a great weekend :)


8 comments:

  1. Great combo of this unlikely pair, opposites attract beautifully. Great perspective and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I loved your bugs/moths comment. Isn't it funny how people's perspective is different? I only saw plants/leaves, bugs never occurred to me :) I love your version, though, really beautiful bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love the bugs! Lovely shading too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girdy goes well with your Jailed Johnny. When I first saw them, I thought of boomerangs but when I looked closer realized could not be because of the open end. Still look great and like the shading you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful variations of Jailed Johnny and great shading! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... What a cool way of combining JJ with the other tangle... funny I saw boomerangs too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)