Friday, May 17, 2013

Weekly Challenge #118 (Kooky) Kuke

#118 Kooky Kuke by Poppie_60
#118 Kooky Kuke, a photo by Poppie_60 on Flickr.
Weekly Challenge #118: "UMT v. XVI - Kuke"

This week with the Diva we have a 'use my tangle' challenge - this one is a tangle by Katy Abbot, CZT called 'Kuke' because it looks like a slice of cucumber :)

I had a little chuckle when I read that this week was to use Kuke, as I had just the page in mind. You see, I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it. A few weeks ago. I made a couple of ATCs without a glitch, then when I started on a new page, I drew the 'blossom' or centre bit back to front, and therefore it sure did not look like a slice of cucumber - no chance! so I left it at that.

So, this time, it was fitting to go back to that page - the 'Kooky' 'Kuke' is now a focal point (it's the flower, towards the bottom of the page).

Many of you probably know that I can't bear to throw away any of my works, even if I have made a boo boo - eventually I go back to it with fresh eyes and continue on.

This is the result - thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

  1. Lila, this turned out just beautifully. Love the touch of color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Kooky Kuke. Your others are great also. I agree with you that it is tough to throw away a tile or whatever you are working on. What you do is part of the essence of Zentangle. There are no mistakes, just unintended opportunities. They become what we make of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This zia has a huge WOW factor, Lila. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Zia is stunning. Beautiful flow, and I love how you played with Kuke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of colour and also the way the adorable "kukes" are nestled down in their own little compartments. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely...so beautiful! I really like the touches of red you have in there. I must try some red the next time too! Anyway, this is such a brilliant piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)