Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Weekly Challenge #227 GUEST BLOGGER Lee Darter, CZT Challenge: Circus Life

hmm this is an interesting challenge by guest blogger Lee Darter CZT.

I wasn't sure where to start other than to use the set Tangles 'Cack' and Tropicana and I knew I wanted to use Florz somewhere.

I didn't get a Circus feel with my first tile - looks kinda beachy to me, with surfboards and beach balls.  

My 2nd attempt was no better, it is what it is.

This challenge was quite difficult for me to get that Circus feel - maybe its reflective of how I've been feeling lately, a bit all over the place.

I'm going to check out how others have interpreted this theme and perhaps be inspired by their works.

Thank you for all the lovely comments last week, unfortunately I'm not always able to respond or even write comments on everyones works - so many entries and I don't often get a chance to see them all.

Have a great week! 

smiles :)





and here's a quick card I made last night


13 comments:

  1. I love the second tile and the way you wrapped Tropicana around like and MC Escher. And with the balls rolling around it is just wonderful!
    Lee Darter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiles are very beautiful and delicates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pieces. I especially like the second one as it really has the element of whimsy with its boa constrictor and rolling snails :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all of them though the second one stands out. Great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fine that they are not very circus-y. They both are lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both. Really like how you used Fontana on the first one. And I like the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tiles and the shading! The card is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! I really love your first tile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Lila. I love your florz - so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the tall pointy Tropicana arches in your first tile. And the second tile reminds me of a photo in one of my dad's old TIME/LIFE books about caterpillars marching around and around behind each other on the rim of a cup. hee hee. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is such a pleasure to see my pattern used. Thank you for this gift at this time in my life. You are a Rock Star!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)